HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
Andi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: IOWA
Posts: 243
I really admire the way the Edwards have handled this. I think it is a good opportunity for the public to be made aware that a recurrence does not equate with a death sentence. Some of the news people out there are making some really off the wall comments to that regard. I know I always had that perception until my breast cancer diagnosis and finding this web site. It really opened my eyes to read about how so many of the ladies on this web site are living with mets. Now that I have joined that club, I plan to do the same. Does anyone know for sure what Mrs. Edward's Her 2 status is? I've listened to her speak on several tv shows over the years, but I never picked up on that part of her diagnosis.
__________________
Andi
-- ------------------------
Stage IIIC, 17 of 20 Nodes +, E+, Her2+++
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter