HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
MGordon
Senior Member
 
MGordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 131
Hot or Cold?

Lisa was a Green Tea lover. Her favorite cold (iced) tea was Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. For her hot tea she preferred anything from Celestial Seasonings or The Republic of Tea.

Love and Light
Mel
__________________
Mel Gordon, Husband of Lisa Lowe - Queen of Love and Light and the bravest person I know!
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Barbara H.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 951
There is a store in our area called Teavana and the tea is excellent.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
Barbara2
Senior Member
 
Barbara2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Dakota.
Posts: 621
Green Tea Supplements

Does anyone have an opinion on green tea supplements? I just purchased some the other day, 315 mg, but haven't started taking them yet.
__________________
Blessings and Peace,
Barbara

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Melinda
Senior Member
 
Melinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Media (Wawa to be exact), PA
Posts: 104
Green Tea

I ahve been drinking Wawa green tea for several years now and swear that I am now addicted to it. But just today I had a cup of Bigelows Green lemon ginger tea and I fell in love. Bigelow also makes regular and decaffienated as well. Another though and I do not know what brand it is, I love to dine at PF Changs, they serve hands down the best green tea.
Melinda
__________________
DX BC 12/06
tumor .9
Lumpectomy 1/8
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Erin
Senior Member
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 108
Green Tea from Trader Joes

I see you are in SoCal. We buy our Green Tea from Traders Joes, thier own brand, and find it to be excellent. And, like most things from Trader Joes, it is a very good value for the price.
__________________
Age 50, premenopausal
Dx 1/2/07 DCIS/IDC
Lumpectomy 1/4/07 1.1cm tumor
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
You guys really came through for me. Lots of good choices to choose from.
CLTann, my chemo nurse is chinese & tells me about all kinds of foods she likes. I never thought to ask her about green tea. Fantastic idea.

What I like here is I now have all kinds I can try until I see which ones I like the best. I do have a Trader Joes close by also...so thanks Erin. I got a kick out of Becky's post...you can tell she never gets bored with anyone thing...she jumps around and likes several different kinds. Variety is the spice of life as they say. (Thanks for all the choices Becky.)

I'm looking forward to trying green tea...I've only been into black tea my entire life...its time for a change. Thanks so much to each and everyone of you. I will let you know which *ones* I like the best after I sample a few. Can't wait to get started.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
Rupali
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 148
If you have an Indian store in the vicinity then buy LIPTON Green tea or Lopchu (Darjelling Tea) and they are excellent. I do not know if they are excellent from the therapaetic point of view.
Rupali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter