HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
MGordon
Senior Member
 
MGordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 131
Moving to Denver...

...I am right up the road near Boulder. Need anything?

Love and Light
Mel
__________________
Mel Gordon, Husband of Lisa Lowe - Queen of Love and Light and the bravest person I know!
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Emelie
Senior Member
 
Emelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 144
Thank you for responding to my constant inquiries! This information will help with the scheduling of all this. My husband will be starting with a new company, so all of this needs to be orchastrated around that. Sure keeps me on my toes.
Mel, I will definitely look you up when we get there. Has Spring sprung your way yet?
Thanks again,
Emelie
Emelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
MGordon
Senior Member
 
MGordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 131
I hear birds chirping as I type...

We did have an unusually hard winter this year - we had 38 inches of snow, followed by 19, followed by 17, followed by 12... It went on for weeks - but right now ALL the snow around my house is gone and the crocus, tulips, and hyacynths are all blooming and the birds are singing. WooHoo! Yep - spring has sprung!!! You're gonna love it here ( but try not to tell too many people how great it is out here - enough move in every day )

Love and Light
Mel

PS - who is hubby going to work for - if it is OK to ask?
__________________
Mel Gordon, Husband of Lisa Lowe - Queen of Love and Light and the bravest person I know!
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Bev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,055
Yes I did do left side rads during Herceptin. I'm sure there is a window for when rads are most effective. 12 weeks is ringing a bell, but you'll have to keep searching. If you do chemo, you don't get rads for 6 months or so.

Glad it's spring somewhere. My daffy's were weighed down by snow last week. Crocus are unusually late. It will get here though. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #5
atdec05
Senior Member
 
atdec05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 144
The timing of my radiation may be a bit different since I finished chemo in Jan 06 and finished Herceptin in 07. I have a local recurrence so will start rads about 2 weeks after surgery. I'm having a wide excision (had mastectomy in 05), so perhaps that's why they're only giving me 2 weeks between surgery & rads.

- Anna
__________________
- Anna

Stage I - DX 9/2005
ER/PR-, HER2+, grade 3, DCIS, IDC multi-focal (1.05cm)
DD 4 A/C finished Jan 31, 2006
Herceptin weekly finished Jan 31, 2007
recurrence to chest wall on last month of Herceptin
Stage 3B - 3/15/07 - 2 carcinomas in dermal lymphatic
Rads finished 6/5/07
12x TH finished 9/10/07
12/07 - Clear scan!
3/08 - 4 month Melatonin trial
1/09 - osteoperosis -
start Alendronate
2/09 - 4-month Simivastin trial
3/13 - take drug holiday after 5 years of Alendronate
atdec05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
tousled1
Senior Member
 
tousled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
I started radiation (x35 last 5 were boosts) about 6 weeks after my surgery. I did however start Herceptin two weeks after my surgery and continued with the Herceptin during radiaiton. I believe the reason I had to wait the 6 weeks was because I couldn't get my arms up over my head and I was getting radiation to the chest and entire axillary area.
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter