HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
LAURIE
Senior Member
 
LAURIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 247
After just finsihing my last taxol, I agree with everyone else about the leg pain. I also had other pain, my collar bones, wrists and feet. The numbness in my toes and fingers startred about week 5 or 6. I had my last treatment on Tuesday and I feel like I am coming around again. I do always feel worse at night. As far as the hot flashes, I hear you!! They are driving me crazy. Couple of more side effects that bothered me on Taxol was bloody boogers and acne. The acne is the one that really has got me down in the dumps. I hope it is from the steriods or Taxol and not Herceptin.

If I got through this you can too. I am a complainer and do not tolerate pain well. On Friday I told my parents I was giving my husband a break and they could spend the day hearing me moan. I look forward to the day when you are done. I am sending white light and the permission to complain anytime you want.
__________________

Laurie
Diagonsed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35
Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagonsed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David Kessel Hunter born feb.6th 2009

LAURIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
bobbiw
Senior Member
 
bobbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 80
Oh and then do I dare chime in to say that after the Taxol, if you begin to take Tamoxifen, the hot flashes only seem to get worse! I too have bone/joint pain. Mine began after my ACT was finished and on Herceptin/Tamox.

I was hoping to participate in a Mayo trial to deal with the hot flashes by taking Celexa but it seems I am not fully menapausal so will not be able to participate.

Bobbi
__________________
Diagnosed 10-18-05 found during annual mamogram
Left mastectomy 10-27-05.
Sentinal node biopsy-node negative
IDC Grade 3 of 3
Tumor 2 cm margins clear
HER-2/neu 3+++
Er Pr +
Began chemo/AC every 3 weeks 12-6-05 followed by Taxol and weekly Hercpetin (Herceptin through June 2007)
Right prophlyactic mastectomy June 2006 with expanders. Due to have exchange surgery sometime end of May 2007.
Exchange surgery completed June 2007 with saline implants and nipples. Darned left implant is lopsided to the left due to the wrongly formed pocket and my wrongly formed chest wall!
Switched from Tamoxifen to Armidex in May due to menopause.
bobbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Bev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,055
Still have hot flashes after 1.5 years. I'm Ok with it. I dress in many layers and routinely take everything off and put it back on again, and repeat procedure 10x per day or as needed.Cuts into sleep time a little, but I'd rather be hot than cold.

Before taxol, my onc nurse said to take daily B-6?. I didn't have any pain during TX. After tx, my toes hurt, but who knows?

Neulasta can cause similiar pain. Good luck. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Stephanie B.
Senior Member
 
Stephanie B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 66
I forgot to put in my previous post that I took a B Complex and Glucosimene? during Taxol. It really seemed to help with the pain.


Stephanie
Stephanie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
doh2pa
Deceased
 
doh2pa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chadds Ford, Pa
Posts: 206
Yes, try the B-6 (50 mg twice a day) and Glucosasmine. Glucosamine is a powder and I took a tsp in juice or water 3 times per day. I think it really helped with the numbness and tingling, tylenol helped with the pain.

As far as the flashes, I'm a 3 year survivor and still getting them. I do have to say that they have gotten less frequent and less potent this last year so I'm sure they will for you also.

Hang in there, we know it's tough but you have all of us here for support.

Donna
__________________
Donna
Diagnosed 2/04 - Invasive ductal - no clean margins
node negative - er+pr+, her2++
Mastectomy 4/04 - 4 rounds AC
9/05 - mets to liver treated with carbo/ixabipelone/herceptin
3/06 - complete remission
9/06 - new liver mets, starting Taxotere/Herceptin
1/07 -Liver mets stable, staying on Herceptin
5/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting T/X
12/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting weekly Navilbene/Herceptin
4/08 - Liver progression - started Abraxane, Carbo, Tykerb and Herceptin
7/08 - Liver Progression - started Gemzar, Avastin and Tykerb
10/08 - Liver progression - starting Doxil
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
suzan w
Senior Member
 
suzan w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 1,747
my 2 cents worth...!!! joint pain started with herceptin and arimidex...better now... As for the hot flashes...whoa yeah...sometimes they are so bad it is like a mini-anxiety attack!!!
__________________
Suzan W.
age 54 at diagnosis
5/05 suspicious mammogram-left breast
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter