HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
rinaina
Senior Member
 
rinaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
Images: 2
This is an interesting subject. My ANA is tested yearly due to me having and auto-immune disease called Sjogren's Syndrome. I have often wondered if having Sjogren's or any of the auto-immune diseases pre-disposes one to getting cancer and all I could find was that there is a slight increase in Lymphoma for Sjogren patients. When it comes to things like this, does medical science really have all the answers? My guess is no because sometimes things aren't tracked or they just plain old don't know yet. Next time I go to my rheumatologist I will ask him what he knows and ask him to probe deeper this time.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter