HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #8
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Joe, I did contact the Cancer Legal Resource Center in LA. They did what they call an intake on my problem...& a week or so later they got back to me & gave me phone #s of places that might be able to help. The numbers they gave me I have already called with the exception of two. Which was the Orange County State Bar Association, & the Calif. State Bar. All these places tell me the same thing...there is nothing *they* can do. However, they all listen to whats happened and tell me its awful. One attorney told me he was just appalled at what their doing. But its a catch 22. (I swear, this is going to kill me before my bc does!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelia, I am in Orange County, CA. Your brother is right...there are some "fantastic" bc onc and surgeons here. In fact I made them a offer to let me go to one place that is within reasonable driving distance. They have top of the line bc onc, surgeons...plus top rated hospital. They won't let me. They will only agree to let me go to the *only* place I told them I could NOT drive that far too. Its 98 miles round trip...I can't do that. Its impossible for me. If I recur...there is no way I can go back and forth that far 2 or 3 times a week & they know it. (Not on the CA freeways!) I would be lucky to get home by 10:00 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just the fact that she won't exam me and I now have proof via her progress notes. Her notes also prove she doesn't like me asking questions. Then she takes me off all hormonal meds and offers nothing. Now pushes me off on the NP every chance she gets. The documents I got back from the HMO shows where they were having my infusion nurse write up all my orders to ship me off to the other cancer center. They didn't even tell me this. I found out through these notes. So I may be thrown out on the streets soon. No wonder the HMO kept asking if I was in "active" trt. Once your aren't...they can toss you. Cancer patients do *not* have rights.(Again, unless you prove your injured or you die.) Then hubby can and will go after them...but that doesn't help me now.


Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter