HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
RobinP
Senior Member
 
RobinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 943
Michele, I do kind of agree with Lani. I first thought about the threat of additional surgeries when Gina was on these boards? If you recall, she mentioned that she didn't have additional reconstructive surgery because she feared that the surgery would stir up her2. I think she based this on circulating imflammtory growth factors stimulated by surgery, as Lani has indicated. I also think with proper erradiation and surgery, lumpectomy is just as effective as mastectomy.In the end, I think you got to hash out the pros and cons and make your choice Michele.
__________________
Robin
2002- dx her2 positive DCIS/bc TX Mast, herceptin chemo
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter