HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
janet/FL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 312
Hi Stephanie
So sorry that you may need more treatment, but I had Taxotere and Herceptin and can tell you that I experinced no nausea--had Zofran as a pre med and a steroid--pain was minor. My fingers sometimes felt like they were marshmellows when I typed, but I was able to type. No real pain. The steroids are probably the worst of the treatment. I needed some blood building shots--and I have noticed that the reaction to those--nuelasta, etc, are varied. I had few problems.
I would say my worst reaction was to the steriods. But it did have it's postives. I ate lots and didn't gain weight because I was so active, a skin problem that I thought would never go away--did go away and hasn't returned in one year post steroids.
I want to add that I had no other chemo before this, and that I had the Taxotere on a weekly schedule.
I think I am more scatter brained than I was, but the cause of that is debateable I am sure.
__________________
Janet
Endometrial Cancer 2002
Mammogram 11/2004
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006

Last edited by janet/FL; 02-14-2007 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: additional information added
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Sorry you have to move to more chemo. I had Taxotere as part of adjuvent treatment after I had Adriamycin. I had a one month break between the two drugs for my blood counts to come back up.

Taxotere was a hard drug for me and I had terrific pain and flu-like symptoms on the third day after treatment. This was almost disabling in my case for a few days. There have been many women who have posted on their experience with this drug, so you may want to do a search and see what they all had to say. Not everyone had as hard a time as I did.

I was taking both Neupogin and Epo during that time and would not have made it through the 4 treatments (the dose was lowered anyway for me) without those blood builders.

I had no nausea and also had to take the steroid on the day before, the day of and the day after getting the Taxotere.

Hope this one will have the good effect for you that we know it can!
__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." H.D. Thoreau
Live in the moment.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter