HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
pffida
Senior Member
 
pffida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 33
I had the same experience last week. After doing well almost the first two weeks after my first chemo, I came down with the most horrible sore throat last week. After braving it out for three days, I called my GP who prescribed an anti-biotic. I had my regular appt. with the oncologist about two hours later, so informed her about my sore throat and the prescription. They didn't seem too interested in the sore throat. However, for me, it was probably the worst week of my life in the past 30 years. I suspect it was just the beginnings of a normal cold (which I now have), and because my immune system was down, what is normally a one or two day pre-cold sore throad turned into one week. I was FLAT on my back from Tuesday-Sunday. Honestly, the mastectomy was easier than dealing with the sore throat. I encourage you to call either the GP or oncologist -- whoever will respond to you and get some treatment for the sore throat.

I had my second treatment today and so far, all is well. Sore throat is 95% gone and cold is very mild.
pffida is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter