HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
MCS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 430
Oh I think this is such a cute thread and a big testament that we are the source for our issues, regardless of the matter.


I did not get any more hair in my underams under my left breast, the deseaced breast. Felt funny at first but now, alleluia- who needs to shave.

The underam under the prophe mast also is not getting any hair. I wonder if has to do with removal of glands.

Both are smooth as baby skin

I noticed that I also don't sweat as much and it doesn't smell either. I'm using a very mild deodorant called Alvera -aloe and Almonds. Sold at the health food stores and whole foods market. Very natural and smells nice. Target also sells a natural deodorant called Herbal Clear Naturally, a natural dedorant that smells bery fresh and works. I tried the Naturally Fresh Dedorant Crystal Roll on- (they support breast cancer research) but it did not work as well

Some positive things that come out of our mess. Accentuate the positive

Hair on legs is sparse but I don't know is due to chemo, herceptin or age (i'm 51). Don't have to shave as often. I do shave with a regular raxor, not shower electric razor.

XOXO

MCS ( maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
rinaina
Senior Member
 
rinaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
Images: 2
Thumbs up

Since my suregery, chemo and radiation, I have no return of underarm hair and I will second that Halleluah! The hair on my legs is sparse as well and I use a regular razor on them. Sure hope the underarm hair never returns as I haven't had it yet and chemo ended in late July and Radiation ended in late November. This is definitely a positive.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Ladies, you might try a depilatory cream; I use a product made by Sally Hansen called "Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit" for my Unwanted Facial Hair (HA! Try beard and mustache), and I know the company also makes creams for underarm and leg hair. I recommend this product because I have very sensitive skin and it's never caused a rash, plus each box of the facial product contains a small bottle of aftercare skin conditioner that's very nice...
I've never actually used the underarm or leg hair product, as I shave with a razor very very very carefully, but I'm going to switch over to the cream for my underarms. Will let you know how it works.

<3 Lolly
__________________
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
KellyA
Senior Member
 
KellyA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 301
Lolly,

Be careful with the cremes under the arm- I know that "technically" I'm supposed to wear a glove even when using cleaning supplies, etc. because of certain chemicals potentially creating risk for lymphodema (not that I do that!). Not sure what is in hair removal cremes. Might want to show your doc to make sure. Ridiculous to have to worry about such small things now. OK- we all need to get very rich making a line of products for breast cancer survivors. There are certainly enough of us! Hmmmmm.... underarm cremes, hair stimulator,press-on nipples, fake eyebrows- I'm sure we could think of a lot more!

Love, Kelly
__________________
dx'd 05/06, 37 years old
er/pr-, Her2+, grade 3
double mastectomy, immediate reconstruction- implants
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter