HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
Barbara2
Senior Member
 
Barbara2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Dakota.
Posts: 621
I still have my port...may start Zometa

I still have my port which was left-over from Herceptin. My onc told me to hang on to the port.

So I've been thinking of getting the Zometa insted of taking the oral meds that I'm taking now. He said I could have it if I wanted it. He also mentioned that he has given it to many many people without many side effects. Whenever I ask him about side effects, he doesn't seem to be too aware of them. Maybe people don't complain enough!

I'm seriously considering the Zometa, as it may prevent bone mets. I sure hate to start something that makes you feel sick, though. The oral meds for bone loss cause some muscle aches and bone pain, but it is something that I can tollerate.
__________________
Blessings and Peace,
Barbara

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter