 |
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
|
#1
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
|
Gail, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time and posting such important info which can help so many. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I am so saddened to lose another sister.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
|
|
|
01-16-2007, 11:32 PM
|
#2
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 981
|
Dear Gail,
Please acccept my symapthy. I am so very sorry that you lost your daughter to this horrible disease.
Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
|
|
|
01-17-2007, 05:20 AM
|
#3
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 301
|
Gail-
I am so sorry for your loss - your daughter is about my age. We will keep you in our prayers.
Regards,
Shell
__________________
Shell
init diag 3/17/03-stage IIIC
ER-/PR-/HER2+++
CET x4 neo-adjuvant
lump & SNB 8/03
CET x2
radiation and herceptin/navelbine 11-03-1/04
1st reoccur to lymph nodes 8/04
complete axillary dissection 12/04
herceptin/taxotere til progression (lungs) 3/05
xeloda w/out lapatinib trial 6/05
lapatinib/tykerb added 4/06
ended trial 8/06 due to progression
doxil / avastin 11/06-12/06 - wasn't working
navelbine/herceptin/avastin 12/06/3/07 - progression
gemzar/carboplatin/tykerb 4/07
mri shows extensive mets to bone in pelvic area 6/07
switched to abraxane (3 on/1 off) + tykerb 6/07
|
|
|
01-17-2007, 06:05 AM
|
#4
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: france
Posts: 1,648
|
Dear Gail,
I am sorry beyond words for your loss. I am also so touched by your generosity of spirit to post this and warn and help others.
love and hugs
sarah
|
|
|
01-17-2007, 10:21 AM
|
#5
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,463
|
Gail I too am so sorry for the loss of your daughter and will remember you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us this and I'm sure it's something we'll all remember,your daughter's sad passing and your warning may save a life.
God bless you
Tricia
__________________
Tricia
Dx July '05 IDC 1.9cm Triple positive 3/9 nodes positive
A/C X 4 ..Taxol/Herceptin x 12 wks then herceptin 1 yr
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
|
|
|
01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
|
#6
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Morris, IL
Posts: 3,507
|
Gail
As a mother I can only imagine what you are going through...I see the look of pain whenever my Mom and I talk about my breast cancer....and even though she is also a survivor, her treatment was minimal compared to mine. The loss of a child is a deep pain that no one ever wants to experience.....you must remember the good times, the love and the special bond to sustain you through this ordeal. Thank you for sharing and possibly saving someone else from what your daughter went through....may you feel the warmth of her memories always.
Sending my deepest sympathy and a big hug.
__________________
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
|
|
|
01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
|
#7
|
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,357
|
Hello Gail!
I can't even begin to imagine what the feeling is with the lose of a daughter. I have 2 sons and 2 granddaughters and 1 grandson. I treasure them all so much more on a daily basis since being diagnosed. My heart breaks for you and the pain of having to say goodbye to such a special girl! God bless you for taking time to share with us when I know you are hurting so. Love and prayers,
mary anne
__________________
MA in TX.
Grateful for each and every day....
Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
|
|
|
| Thread Tools |
|
|
| Display Modes |
Hybrid Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.
|