HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
SusanV
Senior Member
 
SusanV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 188
Chelee,

I am sorry that you are going through all of this mess. I just wanted to add something that a breast surgeon that I went to for a second opinion early on told me. I was asking her about something on my pathology report, and she told me that you will notice the words "suspicious" when the doctor believes there is a problem. You will notice the word "probably" when they feel there isn't a reason to be concerned. The way she explained it to me was that they cannot say for a fact that all is well, UNLESS they do a biopsy to prove it one way or another. They are the generally accepted terms for charting. They also cover the butts of the person charting, who cannot determine for sure without a biopsy. At my last mamo & ultrasound a few weeks ago, they checked the box on my paper which reads "begnign appearing (not malignant)....just below that are the words "probably begnign", above "begnign appearing" is the box for "normal". Since we now have history with BC, I am guessing we will never get a check mark in the "normal" box.

Oh Chelee....I hope this helps. I am hoping that things are well for you. Let me know how you are making out.

Sending Love your Way,
__________________
Susan V - Pittsburgh PA
DX Age 37 on August 3, 2006
Stage 1 Grade 3
ER/PR + (Highly Positive)
Her 2 +++
1.3 & 1.2 tumors right breast
node negative
lumpectomy 8-15-06
A/C Began 9-5-06 Finished A/C 11/6/06
Port Placement 9-15-06
Negative Test for BRAC1 & BRAC2 10-25-06
Began Tamoxofin November 21, 2006
First Herceptin November 27, 2006 Continues every 3 Weeks
First Radiation Treatment December 11, 2006
35 Rads Completed
Final Herceptin Treatment November 12, 2007
Port Removal November 19, 2007
Living Life to the Fullest !!
SusanV is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter