HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
sherri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 329
Jenna,

HER2 is a very aggressive cancer, in my opinion you go after aggressive one with aggressive tools! You don't want this comes back again in another part of your body! .
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
bobbiw
Senior Member
 
bobbiw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 80
I tend to agree with Sherri. A year ago I was diganosed with HER2+++, Er+Pr+, no node involvement, clean margins, tumor 2 cm. I opted to treat aggressively, mastectomy, chemo (AC then Taxol) now on Herceptin and Tomoxifen. I wanted to be agressive with this aggressive diagnosis.
Good luck to you.
Bobbi
bobbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
With this aggressive type of cancer...I would want to go after it with everything I could. So I would have to agree with the others here. Everyone has to decide whats best for them...but personally if it were me...I would do the chemo, rads and herceptin. I would have to do it for peace of mind knowing I did all I could to keep it away.

Good luck in your decision regardless of what you decide. Its not an easy road to go on...but it is doable.

Hang in there...all the best.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter