HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
Bev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,055
Hi Debra,

There's a search link at the top of this page. Enter tamoxifen and AIs. We've been kicking this around for awhile. At some point it will make sense to do an AI. It's just not carved in stone when yet. Initially I couldn't wait to switch to an AI. Side effects of tamoxifen are uterine cancer and clots I think. Side effects of AIs are osteoporosis. Overall AIs out-performed tamoxifen, except, this is from my poor memory, ER+ and strongly PR+, where tamox is insignificantly favored.

As you no longer have a risk of uterine cancer...

I guess you are going to have to grill your onc on this. I'm 47 with the same path. On tamox for last 6 mos.. We talk about AIs here and there but there's been no urgency.

At this point in time it would seem you could do tamox for a year or 2, then switch to the AI, or start the AI immediately.

Sorry. You're going to have to pick one and fly with it.I highly respect Becky's and Lani"s opinions. No cancer in my family, but there is osteoporosis, and I've seen how debillitating it can be. So my opinion is colored by that.

Do your research and make a decision. You'll be fine. Most side effects only affect a small percentage. Good luck. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter