HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
KellyA
Senior Member
 
KellyA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 301
Herceptin

I started Hercptin in Sept. (this year) and did it weekly for the first eight tx's with absolutely no complaints. I really felt pretty good- even though I was on chemo through some of it. I got my first 3 week dose 2 weeks ago and have felt horrible ever since. Everything hurts- bones and joints, but especially having difficulties with muscular pain. Also have mild, but constant nausea. Don't know if this is the Herceptin , or if I had a bug. I guess that I'll need to try it again this week and see how I feel. If it doesn't change, I would rather take the weekly dose and feel better even though its a little more hassle.

Kelly
__________________
dx'd 05/06, 37 years old
er/pr-, Her2+, grade 3
double mastectomy, immediate reconstruction- implants
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter