HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Bev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,055
Congrats! I'm sure they will bring you lot's of joy. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
Vanessa
Senior Member
 
Vanessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 624
I am hoping to have one of each, according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar (for whatever thats worth) it is one of each. I have been helping my daughters get through their fatigue and morning sickness, which of course is happening at all hours of the day.My people tell me that the experience of being a grandmother is indescribable(sp?). I am looking forward to the joy they will bring. Thanks for your responses. It is nice to have something to look forward to.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
chrislmelb
Senior Member
 
chrislmelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: melbourne, australia
Posts: 267
Is that your photo Vanessa?

All i can think is that you look to young to be a grandmother! Congratulations.
Christine
__________________
Christine

DX Sept 03 age 40 Stage 2B Grade 3 mastectomy (after 2 prior breast conserving surgeries)
"at least" 2.3 cm 3/12 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2+++
8 FEC. Tamoxifen then Arimidex. Ovaries out.
"late" Herceptin for 2 years (18months after chemo) on HERA trial. finished Herceptin Nov 2007.
Multiple bone mets May 2012 and now liver August 2012.
Abraxne, Herceptin and Zometa.
June 2013 Tykerb, Xeloda and Xgeva
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #4
Kimberly Lewis
Senior Member
 
Kimberly Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Posts: 279
Talking

My sons wedding came one week after I had a "bad" mamo. They announced they were pregnant during all my treatments, now at the end of my 1rst yr. of Herceptin the baby is being born. It is the joy of this that has made everything else shrink in comparison. I am so happy for and with you!!!
__________________
Kim

Diagnosed 7/05
Stage 3a er+(45%) pr+(68%) Her2+ (40%)
3.8 cm + .8cm multi focal - pleomorphic lobular tumors
high grade DCIS
7/20 nodes

BRCA 2
positive as of 5/07
surgeries: double mastectomy, hysterectomy (LAVH)
A/C,Herceptin for 1 year completed 11/06
femara


Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #5
rinaina
Senior Member
 
rinaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
Images: 2
Congratulations. What wonderful news for you. I am envious. I have a 28 and 24 year old and neither one is married yet. How I look forward to being a Grandmother some day. You do look too young to be a Grandma and the babies will help keep you young. Enjoy this time with your daughters and here's to two easy and healthy deliveries.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter