HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
SusanV
Senior Member
 
SusanV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 188
Dianne,

So sorry that you have joined the crowd here, but it is an awsome place for support, information and expertise. Just wanted to give you my treatment history if it helps. My dx is similar, but not exactly the same as yours. I am also node negative, with two small tumors, but I am ER/PR +. I think the decision to add chemo to herceptin is very personal, but one you should not take lightly. Do as much research as you can, and ask your onc to provide you with some numbers for your exact % of recurrance, which will be based on your specific information to include your age, health history, tumor size, ER/PR status etc. I did decide to add the chemo, and will begin herceptin on 11/27. I am glad that I did it, and most importantly I feel that it will give me a little piece of mind that I am fighting back with what is available. Her2 is aggressive and I wanted to treat it that way !

Good luck, I know the decision is not an easy one to make.

Thinking of you
__________________
Susan V - Pittsburgh PA
DX Age 37 on August 3, 2006
Stage 1 Grade 3
ER/PR + (Highly Positive)
Her 2 +++
1.3 & 1.2 tumors right breast
node negative
lumpectomy 8-15-06
A/C Began 9-5-06 Finished A/C 11/6/06
Port Placement 9-15-06
Negative Test for BRAC1 & BRAC2 10-25-06
Began Tamoxofin November 21, 2006
First Herceptin November 27, 2006 Continues every 3 Weeks
First Radiation Treatment December 11, 2006
35 Rads Completed
Final Herceptin Treatment November 12, 2007
Port Removal November 19, 2007
Living Life to the Fullest !!
SusanV is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter