HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
Kimberly Lewis
Senior Member
 
Kimberly Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Posts: 279
ditto on the BP

My blood pressure went from normal to high since being on Herceptin. 159/90 was not unusual for me. I monitor it at home now and it IS lower when I am not in the Dr.'s office. Just being there stresses me out.... I do have to think this is emotional blood pressure, along with reaction to weight gain with treatment. I have tried to walk and kayak whenever I can squeeze them in.
Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
rinaina
Senior Member
 
rinaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
Images: 2
I too am having higher blood pressure since starting Herceptin in early September and this concerns me especially with my mother's history of heart problems which was the cause of her death. I used to have a pressure of 108/64 give or take a little and last reading was 150/96. My onc put me on a diuretic and it came down the next time I tested it at Target. I go next Thursday for my next Herceptin drip so I am anxious to see if it is officially down at the onc's office. He was wishy washy about committing the increase to Herceptin which what else could it be is my feeling. By the way, I also lost about 7 pounds after going on the diuretic as well.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
astrid
Senior Member
 
astrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central North Carolina, USA
Posts: 112
I wanted to bump this one again. I go to the hospital on Tuesday to have a Herceptin infusion and I wanted to take this to thread to my ONC because when I asked if the Herceptin could be the cause of my blood pressure increase she did nt think so.

__________________
DX 11/14/05, Stage 1C, Her2+ 3.4, ER+, PR+, K167 23%, Node Negative, MX0, Grade 3, 1.8CM, Lumpectomy 12/7/05; 6 rounds dense dose Taxol bi-weekly, 35 radiation, 1 year Herceptin, & Tamoxifen ongoing.
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
Bev
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,055
My onc nurse did say technique was everything. How much pressure on the cuff and listening for a change. During chemo BP was lower than before. Think dead, kidding. I do think it is somewhat subjective for 10 pts or so.

If you have a radical change, something is going on. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter