HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
bioidentical hormones

Ruth T,

Whether or not this particular website is reliable in all aspects I can't say, but when I used "bioidentical hormones" on Google, womentowomen.com came up and it does a pretty decent job of explaining the term if you read the section under the "Know what you are asking for".



AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
jessica
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 87
Suzanne Somer's book "The Sexy Years"

Coming from a clinical research background, I was extremely skeptical about this book & quite honestly, the author's credibility - let's be honest, Suzanne Sommers will always famous for Crissy from "Three's Company" & The Thigh Master! Well, you really can't judge a book by it's cover!
To my great surprise, this book has been really helpful to me! I was dx'd @33yo, pre-menopausal, ER-/PR-, & inspite of 81 weeks of chemo over the past 4 1/2 years, my period has returned each time. Each time I've come off chemo, my hormones have kicked back into full gear, fluctuating much like menopause, but eventually leveling out, Thank God. In the meantime IT IS NO FUN - the Hot flashes, the weight gain, the fatigue & lethargy & not to mention the cranky, b****yness too!
"The Sexy Years" was a great resource for me, helping me understand the role of the different hormones, validating what I was experiencing is REAL, as well as provides a list of resources - Endocrinologists, Women's Health MD's, etc- around the US that are well versed in bioidentical hormones.
(Suzanne Somers wad dx'd Stage II in 2001).
I suspect most oncologists would be reluctant to discuss bioidentical hormones. Maybe a better source of info would be an Endocrinologist or Women's Health specialist. As for me, no bioidentical hormones - since my body's still producing hormones & leveling off, I just have to suck it up in the meantime & let Mother Nature take care of me.

Last edited by jessica; 10-19-2006 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: punctuation & grammar!
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter