HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
jones7676
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Posts: 606
Your decision

I would double check whether or not it is scientifically indicated based on the analysis of the cells in your tumor. I received the taxol family treatment when it was not indicated based on the studies of my cells (2003) because it is the "standard of care" treatment. Taxol was not the indicated best choice for me because the tumor was hormone negative according to friends who were pathologists that personally double checked all cell studies of my tumor. They had questioned the oncologist as to why it was being given to me. It was not needed, nor did it benefit me. Ask your oncologist to explain or find for you some very recent studies - medical journal articles out there that about how the taxol family alters the cancer cells within your body. I just read them about a week ago, but I cannot find them for you again. Good Luck
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter