HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
Sandy H
Senior Member
 
Sandy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norridgewock, Maine
Posts: 778
I take 1250 mgs of Tykerb in the morning on an empty stomach every day(no break). I started out taking Xeloda 3000 mgs a day (1500 a.m and 1500 p.m.) but 9 days on it I had diarrhea so bad my potassium dropped and I was starting to have atrial fib with my heart. Took a two week break and dropped the dose to 2000 mgs. I still have bouts of diarrhea lots of gas but its manageable so far. The Xeloda needs to be taken with food and I drink lots of water. I hope this helps we are all different and so each has to try it for themselves. hugs, Sandy
__________________
Dx. 03/01, Rt. IBC
AC/Taxatere
Rt. MRM-with graft Lt. simple
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!




I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Ken, I'm not on a trial and my Xeloda dose is very low, 500mg am & pm with no break, along with Herceptin 2 weekly. Although I've had no side effects from this low dose, we recently added radiation as the response from the low dose was not what we hoped for.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
mkrny
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 38
eat your spinach (& swiss chard)

Thanks for the input. I'll keep a close eye on Maryann's tolerance for the xeloda. I'll have make sure we get potasium rich foods for her:

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=90
__________________
Maryann & Ken
__________________
Stage IV, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive,
Primary mets to brain/CSF, bones & lymphs
DX: 2/01, DCIS Rt one, Neoadjuvant chemo, MRM 7/01
Rads to chest, neck, lower spine, pelvis
WBR & cyberknife
Numerous chemo/hormonal cocktails along the way
10/11/06: Started Trial of Lapatinib/Xeloda, after 2 cycles it is declared a failure for us.
11/24/06: Now starting rads to upper spine then IT herceptin
12/07: Took a turn for the worse and entered hospice. Enjoyed remaining time with family and friends feasting on cookies and sushi.
4/11/07: Peacefully passed on. Maryann will be missed by all.
mkrny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter