HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Laura
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 10
I am the sister that Amy has been talking about. I have a father/daughter oncologist team... one in Chicago, one in Milwaukee. They both say that current, standard treatment would be to not have the mastecomy. My primary tumor is gone, so there is nothing to shrink; my bone mets have healed. I/we have not found any studies that address this situation. Is it in my best interest to remove the breast? My gut says yes--but I need some research to back me up. I have 4 small children at home; I am 38 years old. er/pr-; her2+++; mets limited to bone. Had 4 cycles on TCH (3 weeks on 1 week off), now only Herceptin/Zometa. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Laura
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter