HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #1
sadie

Hi everyone,
I know I said I was going to see my onc on Tuesday, but I confused it with my annual mammogram. Anyway, I saw the onc today; She got the cat scan results. She said the catscan looks good! (Yay!) Nothing showed up regarding the blood in the urine. Kidneys are fine (she didn't mention bladder,tho, but I'm assuming that was fine too).
She did say that the report mentions fibroid tumors in the uterus (which I think I've been told before). She said it also noted a 7mm spot on my liver . BUT she immediately told me not to worry about that. She said more-times-than-not, this means nothing. That is one reason she does not believe in doing scans unless warranted by symptoms. She said so many times spots can show up and it can be a blood vessel or something that has absolutely nothing to do with cancer; And this causes needless anxiety for the patient. But, she said that since this DID show up on the scan, she will do a follow-up scan in 3 months to see if it has grown, shrunk or stayed the same. Has anyone experienced this?
She also did a urinalysis to see if I still had blood in my urine after taking antibiotics. She was quite surprised when she saw that I never had a u/a done at her office since my initial exam last November. She said at that time I had bacteria in the urine.
Has anyone ever experienced blood and/or bacteria in the urine and have it turn out to be nothing?
I am fantastically relieved about the catscan results and at the same time still a little concerned about the blood in the urine. But for the most part, I am much better today than I was last week!
Thank you all for your input on this site. It's an emotional life-saver!
And thank you Sherry for relaying your personal experience to me. That made my week-end so much more enjoyable than it would have been.
I don't know what I would do if it weren't for this site!
Thank you all.
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
CLTann

We are all devastated in facing the unseen time bomb. It is almost like our facing the unseen terrorists, not knowing when and where they will strike. Many of our doctors' offices do not seem to help in consoling our feeling: slow and vague reporting.

It is our decision to face our lives with courage and determination. Do all we can to fight the disease, help each other in information and support. Live a happy life, don't let the disease or the imaginary disease be our master.

Take all nutrition aids and do the exercise so that your body can fight with its own immune power. Seek spiritual and mental help if you need support. I love you all and God bless all of us.

Ann
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
micheleu

Marejo,

meet the most "worried" patient my onc. has seen he said!! I had 34 pos nodes and now i'm 3 years out! The scariest was getting off Herceptin. I begged my onc for more. He said NO. Now i'm glad he did. I felt a kid in a candy store getting shut off from candy. To make you feel better, my onc told me they have not had ANYONE recur in 5 years on the Herceptin trial. I had to ask several nurses to believe it. I don't know why they had 100% not recur. The study said about 50% decrease in recurrence, but 100%, Wow. Let this be encourgaing for you. I know the first 2 years are the worst. Like Audrey my dearest friend said, It does get easier. One day you will wake up and forget to worry!
micheleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
Mary Jo

Hi Micheleu,

What an ENCOURAGING post. Thank you for that. Is that really true. NO ONE had a recurrence in those who were on herceptin. I want to NOT believe it out of fear of me being the first one - haha!

I so appreciate your encouragement. God continue to protect you from this disease.

Marejo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED