HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #3
sabpri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 43
Hi Elaine,

You are one of the first people I have met that has a similar situation as me, being a ??? Stage 4. They saw spots 2 spots on my bones and said it was cancer on PET, nothing on Bone Scan, questionable on CT, so I am documented Stage 4, but I am still questionable in my mind. I try and think of myself as Stage 3 until proven otherwise.

I was 37 and was also done having kids. I also tested BRCA+, so there was no doubt in my mind I was going to have my ovaries removed. I really conteplated whether to do the total hysterectomy or just ovaries. In the end, I decided I had enough surgery for now and opted for the ooph. I could have it laproscopic. I just feel like I had enough body parts removed. Now I can take Arimidex since I am post-menapusal and I think it shows better success rates than Tamoxifan.

How old are your kids? Mine are 5 and twins 3. How do you handle dealing with kids and a scary future. I was diagnosed August 05 and I am having a hard time worrying about recurrance, especially with ? Stage 4.

Natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter