HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #22
Marily

Herceptin and side effects

Hello All,

Just to update.. I went off the Herceptin for a about 2 months, after I had the bad allergic reaction to it, but I have been back on with it double diluted and running over 3 1/2 hours. I also take IV benedryl. (They also gave me hydrocortisone but I went hyper on it) I am on magnesium, quinine, and many vitamins. I was ok except of some slight cramping but this is again coming back stronger. I started having the Alisa test run and have gradually gone from every two weeks of single dose Herceptin to every three weeks. The Elisa test has gone from 7.1 (normal is 12.5) it tells how active Her2neu is in the body and evidently if I understand correctly How it may be trying to begin a cancer tumor again. I have gradually been going up and now am 11.7.

I had to stop the non steroidal anti inflammitories since my kidney function is being compromised (we are testing for this but my nephrologist feels they may be about 48% functioning now.) Those pills have kept the pain of side effects buried. Now I have a lot of pain in ankles, legs, wrists etc and flu like symptoms.

With my heart meds Coreg 100 mgm daily, HCTH, Diovan, my ejection fraction is back to 60%.

Now we need to again look at the Herceptin dose and time between administrations. I will have my Elisa run on the 25th to see if it has increased again. If it is over the 12.5 I guess I will have to go back to weekly Herceptin. We had read that Herceptin stays in the body longer than was first expected but I possibly react faster? Since I am very Her2pos, highly estrogen pos, and progesterone pos that my cancer is too aggressive to change the dose. I will let you know more after the 25th. Is anyone else doing longer time between doses? I am waiting to fit the rules for Tykerb.
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote