HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
heblaj01

Medical Chronotherapy for cancer?

In this article Which can be viewed as text or video (by the patient telling her story), a description is provided of a single case of advanced pancreas/liver cancer treatment timed on the patient biorythms (rather than according to hospital schedules) to get maximum effectiveness:
http://www.wbir.com/news/health/stor...?storyid=35474

I have read other articles mentioning the fact that nightime is the period of time when the immune system is the least effective & when cancer is proliferating the most. So that pills with a short half life are thought to be more effective when taken at bed time: this the recommandation made for instance by one University of Washington MD for the off label use of Artemisinin (a drug normally used to treat malaria) to fight cancer.
In the case of drugs with a long half life like Herceptin I don't see an advantage for chronotherapy, not to mention the problems of I.V. scheduling in hospitals which in general are not organized for chronotherapy.

Last edited by heblaj01; 06-25-2006 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling for Artemisin
heblaj01 is offline   Reply With Quote