HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
Cathya

Information is the best memorial!!

Hi all;

I have been reading and thinking about the ideas of a memorial page, fund raising, etc. to remember those members who have died and this is my opinion.....and I hope to hear more from you all...particularly the lurkers! I am afraid that members who are not so prominent will be forgotten. I am afraid that energy will be gradually turned towards activities that can be better and are being supported by other organizations. My view is very simple.....when someone comes to this site looking for information, help, research.....we jump to it and supply it. There are many who don't post often, or who have just come to the site but are very ill...need ideas and help. To me the best memorial to those gone before is to help those in need now! I am afraid that there are women out there too sick to come online and ask for help or do the research themselves. I wonder about a page for those women.....just post....too sick to research but this is my situation...... The time and effort spent in helping these women would, in my mind, be a very fitting memorial.....until we beat this awful disease.....and we will!!!!

Cathya
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote