HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Chelee

Angry I am concerned, & yet they put me off?

I am stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 5 of 16 nodes positive. I did not get along with first oncologist and I am now with one I like very much. But that being said...both aren't concerned about other health issues of mine that have showed up since all the CAT scans, Pet/CT scan, MRI, etc. I think they NEED to be addressed and I am worried about it.

My MRI back on 1-25-06 did CLEAR me for brain mets. (Thank goodness!) But it did mention "small vessel ischemia". It also said differential would include migraine headache, vasculitis, or demyelinating disease. I asked BOTH oncologist shouldn't I see a Neurologist about this report? They both said for me NOT to worry about this right now and lets just focus on my treatment. I could NOT help but ask both of them.....I won't have a treatment plan if I am DEAD. I asked them both....doesn't ischemia, and vasculitis refer problems that can cause a stroke or worse yet? They both said yes. But we need NO inturruptions in my treatment. I said really nicely...we will have a big inturruption if I have a stroke or worse. Long story...because I even asked them about the "Vasculitis" and " Demyelinating disease". They anwered my question...but blew it off. Why CAN'T I see a doctor between my chemo visits to see what all this is? I don't understand why they don't want me to follow up on this? (Do they know something I don't...like I am going to die anyway...so who cares?) I am getting so scared since they both are doing me the same way.

Plus...my PET/CT scan back on 1-25-05 also showed a mass down below where my ovary is. I was sent for a sonogram....and they sonogram lady for the life of her tried her hardest and could NOT find my right ovary? She did find a big 4 cm mass though that is there! ARGH!!! I asked my first oncologist about it....and he said he is NOT worried about it. (Sure he is NOT...he isn't worried about me at all...that is why I changed doctors!) But I brought this 4cm mass on my ovary to my new oncologist...and she too said its probably just a cyst or something...and for me to not to worry about it. I said since I had a stage IIIA breast cancer and positive lymph nodes...I AM WORRIED. How do I know its NOT cancer down there too. She said its probably just a cyct and they are common. (Yeah...but WHAT if it ISN'T and its spreading every where...and maybe that is WHY my hips lite up on the PET/CT scan!) But they say not to worry! RIGHT!

She said you can follow up on that when you get through your chemo because we don't want any inturrutions.

What would you people think of this? Plus I have asked to see MY PET/CT scan I don't know HOW many times and they always say I can...but it never happens. They did say one spot on my right hip lite up..but again...they weren't worried about it...that it was probably from my scoliosis. I am starting to feel like they are lying to me...that they know more then they are saying? Am I just paranoid or what?

Plus I had a CAT scan because I was worried about these two PUFFY places on each side of my neck. (Hard to explain?) Not hard spots...but they puff up on both sides. They took CAT scans of this area and I JUST now asked them for the report. (Before...they said it showed NOTHING.) Well I just read it and it says " There is slight increased activity in the lymph node in the right neck on the PET scan of 1-25-06 is of questionable significance".

Ok...again...why did they keep that from me too!!!!!! What do they REALLY know about me that they aren't tell me. Am I a lost cause. That was FOUR months AGO and they CHOOSE NOT to tell me what the report said. Darn them!
I am so depressed. Sorry people. I just don't know why they aren't addressing what seems like very important matters. I am fighting for my life while they just put all this other stuff off like its nothing when we have NO why of knowing. Those TWO big puffy places on my neck are so big now since Jan. that its not even funny.

What would you guys think? Its like...since I have stage IIIA cancer that is Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 5 or 16 positive nodes, richardson score 9 of 9. That why bother doing anything else for me because I won't be here long in their opinion. I feel SO DOWN today.

To IGNIORE the lymph nodes on neck, and 4cm mass on right ovary, and MRI showing PROBLEMS that can can cause me stroke or heart attack seems pretty important to me. But they say I can take care of it later.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote