HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
Jax

Exclamation Anxiety stricken by HER2/NEU..help

Hi,

I will get my final pathology this up-coming week but I've been freaking out about this HER2/NEU thing...I've been reading tons and just getting more scared about it. I posted before about this but just had to post again. Right now my stats are:

DCIS (taken out by Lumpectomy, no tumor cuz it was very early pre-cancer)
Grade 3 (aggressive cells)
Clean margins
SNB-negative
ER +
PR-
HER2+ (but awaiting final test results from pathology to confirm)

Am going to get radiation starting in June 06 but I'm so afraid of what they will recommend for hormone therapy.......will it be Tamoxifen and Herceptin or just one of those drugs and I heard so many horror stories, I just don't even want to take any of them.....sounds terrible. (I have heart disease issues on my late father's side of the family and my dad died of a heart attack in 12/04).

Also, does anyone know anything about bioidential hormones....is it really true that loss of estrogen and other natural hormones in our bodies make us just age so much faster and feel terrible and depressed??????

I just wish there was an answer to all this....I mean take away the estrogen cuz of breast cancer but then face the consequences of menopausal symptoms.......sounds like a catch 22 with this dreaded BC disease.

Thanks for listening, I have been so frustrated since Friday and I hate this game of testing and waiting, waiting and waiting espeically for the HER2 test.......feel like I'm on trial for my life, really feel like a POW.

Jax
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote