HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Shahyan

Help me

Hi:

I havent been on this website ever since there was an upgrade and I had to re-register. Today, I am depressed, overwhelimingly so, that Im not able to even think straight. My sister posted something on my mom's condition earlier and she got some answers, but not many...is the prognosis really that bad.

My mother basically had a recurrance to the liver in Feb 2005 , had Taxol, then Novalbine with Herceptin and after 8 months of treatment was declared clear. She has been on maintenance herceptin since then. For the last 2 months she has been complaining of a headache, until the pain was soo unbearable that we just had to have a CT scan for the whole body and brain. The result (about 4 days ago) suggested multiplr mets through out the brain and a small 1 cm lesion in the exact same spot of the liver found in Feb 2005. Right here (in Pakistan) Drs have very little time and hence it is difficult to discuss everything, plus ur so distraugt u forget so many other things......Ive almost lost all hope of a long term remission for my mom or even much survival time.........pls pls tell me something that may make me think otherwise........Im sorry if Im depressing, pls help me

Shahyan
Shahyan is offline   Reply With Quote