HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #3
karenann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 438
Hi Shannon,

I was diagnosed in Jan '05 with a 1.3cm tumor, node negative, er/pr+, grade 3 and Her2+++. My onc treated me with, dose dense, AC & T every two weeks and two weeks after my last Taxol, I started a year of Herceptin. We never talked about the benefit of Taxol at that time but part of that had to do with the fact that, I was not that savvy about the whole breast cancer thing yet.

I know I have read articles about Taxol/Taxotere (sp?) and long time survival in early stage bc, but I can't find the articles now.

If you feel strongly about being treated with with one of the above drugs, then tell your doc that's what you want. Originally my onc said I didn't need Herceptin, but I got 2nd and 3rd opinions and now I am on it.

Hope this helps.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter