HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #9
Nicola

Herceptin & Lapitinib

Hi Marily,

I experience severe diarrhea with Lapatinib, Herceptin and Taxol. I also broke out in a rash across my shoulders, upper back and arms. The rash only itched slightly and it went away in a matter of a couple of days, I used Benadryl for the itching. I also experience a lot of joint pain in my legs and mild neuropathy in my shins and feet. I have nausea on and off but the worst part is the fatigue.

I have to stay on Immodium to keep the diarrhea in check. I probably take two Immodium's every other day and by doing so it keeps me pretty normal.

My very first treatment was the worst. I had terrible chills and body aches and was nauseated but my second treatment went much better.

I am doing very well over all and I just had my second set of CT's done and will have the results tomorrow. I will be sure to post the results once I have them. The first set of CT's I had done were very promising. The two largest tumors in my liver had shrunk by 20% after only 7 treatments. I am very excited about this combination of drugs and I can't wait until Lapatinib is more readily available to others.

If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Big Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote