HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
sabpri

Those with small children..

I see a lot of women here have little kids and I am just curious how you cope with the anxiety of your future and what it would be like for your kids?

I have 3 little ones, 2 year old twins and a 4 year old daughter. I am 37 years old and I am Stage 3, possibly Stage 4 with mets to the bones. I was diagnosed in August 05 and sometimes I am still in shock that this whole thing even happened to me. I am now done with chemo/rads/surgery except for Heceptin and Zometa. I look at my kids and it breaks my heart to even think about what their life might be without me. They are my miracle babies, as we were told we would never become parents on our own and they were conceived through in-vitro. I tell myself that since I am NED I could possibly go for 20+ years without another recurrance and that is how I make it through most days. The horror of having no control over something that would be tragic for the most precious angels in your life, your children, makes me crazy. My kids are so special and wonderful and I have so many plans with them as they grow, Girl Scouts, sports, dance recitals etc. I am terrified of this cancer robbing my kids of their mommy and ruining their life. Like I said, most of the time I can push the thoughts away but maybe some coping skills from others could be helpful!

natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote