HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Unregistered

Decadron Side Effects And Wbr

Okay. I have a few questions which i hope you'n's can answer! first is about DECADRON---the "drug from hell". I am weaning off it. I an now down to 3 mg. per day, I was sent home with 4 mg per day after surgury to mt large cerebellam brain met. The radiation onc. recommended 12 mg per day! Whoa!!! I can bareley make it on 3! He's okay with that (goes by the book) but says if I have headaches or nausea to up the dose right away. Okay: now my question: I have noticed that I suddenlly lack muscle mass in my calves. I can hardly get up out of a chair, I am like an 80 year old woman. Also my knees hurt at night like growing pains real bad---only my knees. Does this "rubber feeling" go away after you no longer use DECADRON? What are some of the side effects of decadron? Oh yes, one more thing: my hands shake. Now, I don;t know if it is brain tumor, wbr, or decadron. I do have a deficit in the right side of my body but it has gotten more so. the oncs. suspect decadron.
Okay, now about wbr: I am through with it, had 20 days. I am very tired and most days I am just exhausted. I fell and bruised up my face. I am suppoded to have another mri in three weeks and if all is not "clear" have stereotactic on what's left. Should Igo to a facilty that does cyberknife there are some in the north bay area. I need to make a few plans and look around the corner for the next step. I need all the help I can get and it is much appreciated. Thanks!