HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
skoolmom

Question Is the cancer gone? What tests?

I keep having people ask me if they got all the cancer?, or is the chemo working?,and I really don't know what to tell them? All my onc says is we might have gotten it all with the lumpectomy, the margins were clear, we're doin the chemo because it was in one sentinal node so it's just in case. If it doesn't come back then we succeeded. Is there tests I should be taking to find out if it's working? I had four rounds of AC and now I'm on the 4th of my 12 weekly treatments of Taxol and Herceptin. Is there tests I should be taking for the Her2 or to see if the Herceptin is starting to work? Or is there something to test after I'm done the year of Herceptin to see if it's kept the Her2 part in check? Are the clinical trials still saying one year of Herceptin or should I be on longer? I'll be getting radiation in the spring after I'm done the 12 weeks of Taxol. I still have a long expensive road to go. I just had my second muga and it was 80% - better then my first one 68% before the AC figure that one out how did it get stronger after the AC I'm not complaining though since the Herceptin is suppose to be hard on the heart too. Let me know from your research and experience what you can, I'm just a good little patient and go weekly and get my chemo. Thanks for this great site and all of your help - God bless you all!
skoolmom is offline   Reply With Quote