HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
lucky4x

Red face Just wanted to introduce myself...

Goodafternoon.
I hope I am posting in the right place.I found this site through a link through Susan Love MD site.

I am a 4 time survivor of breast cancer since my first dx in June 2000, when I had a lumpectomy, (stage 2b, grade 3, 4.5cm lump removed with 4 of 9 lymph nodes infected).
A/C and Taxotere was the cocktail of choice followed by 6wks rads.

Jan 2002, lumpectomy same breast, same spot, 2.5 cm lump removed, no nodes. No treatment available to me. Chemo and rads were too dangerous so close to last treatment. Suggested treatment... mastectomy.

After many months of careful deliberation, July 2004,I had bilateral mastectomies, with immediate diepflap reconstruction. Pathology following removal of same left breast, showed more cancer cells, again, same spot!

Aug. 2005... Breathing became shallow, while swimming with my kids at cottage so following my instincts I insisted I wanted to have a chest x-ray,( Onc thought it was not necessary), and sure enough, 2 days later the Onc. phoned me at home to tell me I had multiple lesions in both lungs.

I was put on Herceptin with Navelbine(chemo), and early xrays showed lesions were shrinking and disapearing.

Recent CTscan ( Dec. 29th) on chest showed almost ALL lesions are GONE. I witnessed this with my own eyes as I had the onc show me 2 separate computer moniters with both before and after views. THEY WERE INDEED GONE!!

I am not for a moment suggesting that Herceptin is a cure. But for now, it has given this survivor, age 48, mom of 3, and wife of 20 yrs.... some hope.

I am very optomistic, and have a positive outlook and am now trying to get fit, while I train for "The Weekend to End Breast Cancer" walk, ( 60k) in Sept.

I am always open to meeting new survivors(online), and welcome emails.

Nice to have this site, especially for us Her2 gals.

Thanks.

"Lucky"
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote