HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Unregistered

New Here...Mini Mets?

Hi, I am new here. Diagnosed on December 22 with Her2++, all 13 lymph nodes removed were positive. I had a small tumor 1.5cm and it had only been 14 months since my last mammogram, which came back clear. My Oncologist ran my scans and was puzzled as exactly what stage to diagnose me. My X-ray and CT scan of my lungs came back clean, but the PET scan showed 2 very small sub centimeter nodules that had lit up. Doc said because of the small size, he could not biopsy them with any certanty because they were so small. The Pet also noted 2 small liver lesions that did not absorb the die for cancer, so he said they most probably were some benign lesions but we would keep an eye on them. We were in the dilema of how to treat the lung mets, so to me it only made since to treat them as Cancer, my Oncologist agreed. I am very confident in him because from what I hear, he is brilliant, young and trained at Sloan which is suppose to be one of the finest cancer centers. I have been on Taxotere (every 3 weeks), Herceptin (weekly) and Xeloda (daily 14 on/7 off) for 6 weeks now. I will be having another scan on Wednesday to see it chemo is working. My Doc says he would be surprised if the lung nodules were even there on this scan..we are doing CT/with contrast (is that the same as a PET?). He says to think of them as mini mets because they were so small and we weren't absolutely positive that they were cancer. I am still very worried about how the scans will come out. Has anyone ever heard of mini mets? I think that was just a term he came up with to make me feel more comfortable, which it did. Also, has anyone ever had any liver lesions not light up and then later show up as cancerous...this is worrying me? I am 44 with a 17 year old son and 7 year old daughter..with a lot more living to do...I am glad to have found you Her2 sisters...sherryg682