HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #1
jojo

Post Brief update from jojo

Just letting you all know that I am back home now from the hospital. Brain tumor board meeting coming up this Thurs: then they should call me back with the next treatment plan.

When I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday, he said to me that he was as unsure as anybody could be: is it a benign or malignant lesion? Also as importantly, is the lesion growing in a totally different area?

He will need to go back to compare my brain MRI's from last year (to which I had a craniotomy & 24 radiation seeds implant done by the same neurosurgeon) and my most recent MRI's from last week. (The craniotomy from last year confirmed that the first lesion was cancerous. Hence, these seeds. Amagazingly, how did I get AMOTHER lesion in the same area?!?!! The million-dollar question, I guess!)

My onc tells me that it may be just necrosis (dead tissue), but let's just wait to hear from the tumor board first.

So, I will send another update as soon as I hear from them.

Meanwhile, steroids are just keeping me checked in condition, so I am happy to report there has been no heaaches since last Saturday -- just a little sore from some muscle loss, much thanks to the steroids.

I am pretty much calm about it, not so anxious as I had previously thought... just missing my beauty sleep! Steroids keep me awake, that's why, like a speed drug, ARGH! :-( And of course, lots of praying & meditation on my end. Just working very hard on focusing on things I should be doing right now, like getting a present for my mother's 65th birthday, and my husband's annual vacation coming up in 3 weeks. I am hoping that he doesn't have to spend in the hospital when it comes.

Oh BTW, my onc stoppped my Xeloda immediately. I had been on it, since Sept 2005. But I am still on weekly Herceptin.

Thanks again for all of your support. You give me strength that you cannot imagine how much good it does for me! God be blessed with you all...

Just twiddlin' my thumbs here!....

1st Dx: May '03 at age 35
Stage 3b
6cm IDC tumor
17/18 + nodes
Neoadjuvant: 4x A/C dose dense; 12x weekly Taxol & weekly Herceptin
Left Mastectomy: Nov '03
27x Rads
Stage 4 since June '04
Still on maintenance Herceptin since the very beginning
Currently on Abraxane (3 weeks / 1 week off)
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote