HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
Alice

Unhappy Trouble getting back on track!

I feel a little silly bringing this up knowing some of you are dealling with much more difficult problems.I am scheduled to return to work on Sunday at my previous job.All treatments are done with the exception of hercepton every 3 weeks.I haven't worked for 10 months. I have kept in touch with my employer and some of the staff.Sometimes I feel like I haven't had any time at all and now its time to get back to the grind.There is so much I was hoping to do.When I look back on it I know how sick the treatments made me and I shouldn't feel as though I wasted time but now that I'm going back to work I cant help but feel overwhelmed.
I wish I didn't have to go back to work but my circumstances are such that I do.My mom in law is in an extended care facility and she didn't make any plans for her future when she was working ( who would know she would need it and I would not be able to care for her). This puts an extra burden on us with no siblings to help. That on top of my medical bills is hard to deal with.I have also never had a very high paying job.My education always took a back seat to family needs.Now I am trying to figure out how to increase my earning power so I dont have to work as many hours.I know there are areas where we could cut expences but I was hoping my illness wouldn't make it necessary.
I keep thinking what if I get a recurrance?I don't want to spend my time working. I also dont want to leave my family with a bunch of medical bills or them to have to sell all of what we have worked for just to pay them.I know I shouldn't be thinking this way and I'm sorry to post this with so many positives I should be looking at right now.I just needed to get this off my chest without burdening my family.Any suggestions will help.

WOW I feel much better now.Thanks for being here.

Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote