HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
lisahammo

Thumbs up Herceptin Rally in Melbourne

Hi everyone

Just thought I would let the girls in Australia know how proactive my onc is being about getting Herceptin available for those with early breast cancer. She is organising a rally in Melbourne on 17th Feb to try to gain media & politcial attention. The hospital that I attend is also behind it, and hopefully we will have lots in attendance. As usual, she hasn't had much response from the Government about who will be attending, but at least if we get some media, it might be a help.

The Herald/Sun have been very good in highlighting the problem, however I was not impressed with Robyn Riley's article about how Herceptin was only available for those in 'late' stage disease, who were 'terminal' and 'had no hope'. I was absolutely outraged, and sent her a scathing email telling her exactly what I thought of her article, and that I was glad I had supportive family and friends who didn't make me feel like giving up. Since then her articles have been very carefully worded.

I really believe it is important to lend our support to try to make Herceptin available to everyone who is suitable for it.

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Love Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote