HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Esther

Update--Stereotatic Surgery Scheduled

I have my appt for the X-Knife procedure at Cedars-Sinai on Wed. the 25th of Jan. The day after tomorrow....it's coming fast! I check into Cedars-Sinai at 7:15 am, and will be there all day. The procedure itself takes less than 1/2 hour, but apparently there is a lot of prep work, PET/CT scans, fittings, etc.
This past week-end we went to Mammoth Mtn to ski. Of course, I not only skiied, but decided I needed new, high performance ski boots, so I spent the week-end testing out new ski boots. The amazing thing was that Chris said he had never seen me ski so fast, and I felt in total control. It still amazes me that I have a lesion on my cerebellum, that should affect my balance, but it still apparently is not having that effect. It is small, oblong in shape, 4 mm wide, 12 mm long.

My new high performance ski boots, fitted with a custom made orthotic, was my way of saying, "I'm kicking cancer's butt, getting rid of this brain lesion, and I'm skiing for many more years to come"

I feel fortunate that we live in a high tech era, where we have procedures like X-knife available to us. My lesion is imbedded fairly deep in my cerebellum, and traditional neuro-surgery would have been fairly traumatic, in that they would have had a tough time removing something that small, and would have involved physically handling my cerebellum.

Dr. Keith Black, at Cedars-Sinai specifically specializes in non-invasive removal and treatment of brain tumors, as well as being one of the top neuro-surgeons in the world, with the skills to remove tumors via surgery, so I feel that I'm in good hands whatever my future with Brain mets brings.

Please send your prayers, warm thoughts and positive vibes my way on Wed. the 25th of Jan., as I undergo my X-knife procedure at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles, CA.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote