HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 AM   #1
Esther

Motorcycle Snafu

I want to do the Harley LA to San Francisco BC survivors run next year in Oct, and need to learn to ride a motorcycle.

Chris's Harley is way too much for me at this point, so we bought a smaller off-road motorcycle to ride in the dirt and a dirt/street motorcycle to start out on and learn to balance and use the throttle, etc.

Since the smaller one is also street legal, when we brought it home on Saturday, Chris said try it down the street. So I get on it....it's only my second time on a motorized bike. I go down the street, try to turn around, somehow got messed up....and ended up crashing into a neighbors garage door. In FULL VIEW of about 5 other neighbors. EEK!

I demolished the garage door. The motorcycle only has about 3 scratches, go figure. I'm ok, I just twisted my back a little and bruised my left leg. And horribly injured my pride! Right now I'm sitting here waiting for the repairman to come look at the door and give an estimate and schedule for the replacement of my neighbor's garage door.

When I told my son, I thought he was going to die laughling. I didn't think it was THAT funny! I'm going in for my Herceptin infusion this afternoon, and am debating whether to share my story with the onc nurses...hey they might be able to use a good laugh too, they already think I'm a little nuts anyway.

Recovering accident victim in California
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote