HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2005, 05:04 AM   #1
PatS

Late Herceptin......

I know this subject has been discussed a lot her and I apologize for bringing it up again but I need to make a decision and really have no one else to discuss it with so here I am. I was diag. stage 3 (her2+++) in July 2002 and finished chemo (A/C then Taxotere) on 01/10/03, so have been out of chemo for over 2 1/2 years. Recent bone/ct scans were all clear. At onc. appt. last week I discussed herceptin with her. She said their is no science to make her believe that giving herceptin this late would be of any benefit. She also said that if it was something I felt I really needed to do she would do it as along as I understood that she didn't know that it would be of any benefit. I asked her what she would do if it were her, her daughter, or mother and she said she wouldn't do it. There's also the issue of if I do herceptin now and do recur and need it later would I be resistent to it then? So, I guess I need to figure out if there's any reason to believe Herceptin now would be worthwhile or am I just grasping at straws??? Any comments/opinions would be much appreciated. When I mentioned that several women here in my position were receiving late herceptin she said she would be interested in knowing who was doing it so if anyone is willing to provide the name and/or location of their onc. who is giving them late herceptin I will pass the info to her.

Thanks.

Pat
PatS is offline   Reply With Quote