HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
RhondaH

Question Insurance change

Hello everyone! At work today we just got notice that as of 1/1/06 not only will our medical insurance increase 10%, BUT the carriers will also change. Not a whole lot of details as of yet, but at this point it appears that I will only have to change my primary care provider and my ob, surgeon, onc, rad onc, pediatrician for my son etc are on their acceptable list. Other than trying to find out which one (if any) will cover my Herceptin and at the best rate (I'm not even sure how to go about this as many will need pre approval...any suggestions), can any of you think of any other things I should be checking into when picking a new insurance? I would appreciate any help. Below are the choices we have. Also, if any of you have any experience with these, could you please share some insight. I was dx 2/1/05 w/ Stage 1, no node, ER/PR-, Her2+ and am on Herceptin every 3 weeks for prevention (this is how I hope to remain, but in this case I still have to plan for the "what if's"). I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Rhonda Hoffman

HMO's:

Most of our local HMO plans will be replaced by a national plan called Aetna Select

traditional medical plans:

¾ Premier Aetna Choice POS II

¾ Premier OOA (Out Of Area plan offered only when the POS II plan is not available)

¾ Basic Medical Plan

Aetna PPO (managed care plan available only in certain areas)
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote