HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
pattyz

Meeting with co-team leaders of the CyberKnife Center (neurologist and rad onc) consenses is: there are ten new lesions showing, all but one are rather small/not critical areas. The one on my brainstem/pons is most likely causing my 24/7 dizziness. (Got a scrip to see if it helps; an antihistimine)

Rads to pons and cerebellum again carry a high likelihood of causing necrosis from cumulative rads to that area. Necrosis would cause a lot of permanent side effects. They don't want to do it. Surgery to pons not an option. If it continues to grow at rate between the last two scans it would only take a few months of that to become.....well. My worst nightmare. Mental ok, but unable to function.

WBR was discussed a bit, but most strongly advised to get a consult for the procedure instead of anymore focalized rads. iMRT was also suggested as a possibility. Need consult for that somewhere to see if they might be willing to undertake the job.

It was determined that all the lesions I've had treated did respond well to being radiated ie. they didn't like it one little bit :o)

For now, we are all hoping that the lessened dizziness I have experienced is from a response to the Temodar/Xeloda cocktail I'm on. (I've been keeping track) And also will proceed under my med oncs care, getting a new scan after the second dose/scedule to see if we can actually SEE response. In between now and then? Don't want to think about it right now. So that's it. Today.

ok, I am trying to figure out how to get a short trip in while I still can.......

love and hugs
pattyz