HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
al from canada

Hello all,

I've been doing a fair amount of research into SAMe, which is a supplement with very powerful anti-depressant properties and probably the top liver salvager there is. Lois recently posted an article in "submitted articles" on Glutathione: and it's benefits to cancer.
http://www.her2support.org/forums/in...howtopic=21665

SAMe is a supplement that is a precursor to glutathione and cysteine, both of which are criticle to liver function. SAMe is also and anti-oxident.

For ladies in the same boat as my wife Linda, nursing a liver sick with cancer mets is an important issue! SAMe is provent to be just as, if even more effective that milk thistle in live disorders. Just "google" "SAME and Liver"

Her's the dilemma: if SAMe and glutathione and cyctein are anti-oxidents, what is the relationship or effacy with co-administration of the above with chemo for liver mets??

I plan to put Linda on SAMe during her 1 week "off" time on her 3 week xeloda treatment cycle. This compound is so potent that we would be remiss not examining SAMe and chemo.

Ladies, guys, help me draw some conclusions here because.....I strongly feel finding the right tx plan will benefit us all.

Al