HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
*_Irene from Tampa_*

Well -

I had a CT with contrast last week and the small spot that we found through a PET scan about 3 weeks ago is now larger. They can not see at this time if it is in a lymph node behind the pancreas or attached to the pancreas or end of liver. I had liver resection last July and it has regrown and it looked pretty good on my last MRI.

They recommend I have an endoscopy done where they will be able to see the pancreas and hopefully get a biospy of the tumor. It is really concerning me since they keep mentioning the pancreas so much. I had a 19-9 tumor marker done (which is for pancreatic cancer and that came back normal) but they still want to rule out.

To make matters worse I am in the process of getting a new oncologist (mine transfered to San Antonio where she is heading the research center there. I really miss her) She was great and they are still calling her and asking her questions about my case here at Moffitt.

My question is - it looks like my next plan of action (if it is breast cancer and not some other type) is ABRAXANE. Has anyone had any experience with this drug? I think it is relatively new. From the Taxol family but easier tolerated, but pretty much the same side effects.

I have been trying to get as much info as I can on it in case this is going to be where I go next. They are going to check on some trials for me and also maybe AVASTIN which if I understand is another form of drug similar to Herceptin. I have been on Herceptin for 6 1/2 years now so not sure if my cancer has now changed it's DNA on me to outsmart it. Up to now though it has still been controllable and I feel I owe this to the Herceptin and really hate to switch now that such favorable reports have come out about it. We will see.

If anyone has had any experiece with ABRAXANE, I would love to hear from you.

Take care

Irene