HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
*_Shahyan_*

Dear All:

Last time around I was feeling quite bad and I guess it showed in my last post (the one before the Brazilian article).. For that I am really sorry. I want to really thank all of you who replied and atleast I found out its not just me who goes through the ups and downs of a loved ones journey.

My mom was diagnosed with a recorrance this February in the liver (2.5 cm lesion). A PET scan revealed that there are many other micro-scopic lesions.
2 weeks after the PET scan the 2.5 cm lesion grew to 3.2 cm and the once micro scopic lesions grew large enough to become visible through a CT scan.

Now the good part:

After going through 6 chemo cycles on a weekly basis (Taxotere and Herceptin) the large lesion has shrunk to 1.8 cm and the microsopic lesions are not visible through ultrasound

But because my mother was having severe HF symtpoms the taxotere was reduced and my mother was given a weeks respite after every three weeks of treatments.

After 3 weeks of treatment, the side effect have become worse..HF has gotten much worse and my mother is constantly shivering..she is so weak that she can barely walk and loses her breath quite quickly (could this be fatigue or mets to lungs?)

She has fever through out the day and needs to take Tylenol to reduce it ( i must mention that she is on her respite week) and through all of this she still goes to work about 85% of the time.

The doc said that even though my mother had an amazing response to taxotere he is changing it to Navelbine (Has anyone had a good response to this?)

Im just wondering...is having a fever the way my mother is having normal?
Is the fatigue that much that walking a bit can cause breathlessness and dizzyness (she is fine otherwise)?

Thanks

Shahyan