HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
*_Frank&Evelyn_*

As Evelyn had her last, weekly Herceptin on April 14, it was decided (after second opinion) to have a break untill signs of progression would occur.
We were seeing the oncologist every 4 weeks kept a sharp eye on her skin rash. This was the only way to monitor progression (digital images every 3-4 weeks)
All other things like bloodworks and CA15.3 are just perfect.
Her skin looked stable all this time, but her arm was getting bigger for lymphoedema lately. So I made appointment with onc.
A CT-scan has been ordered for this coming Tuesday, June 28, which will have to point out if there is progression.
If so, she will have the option to take a combination therapy with Herceptin.
I know onc. would prefer Herceptin-Taxotere, as she responded well to that in earlier (pre-operative) treatment.
But I don't think Evelyn wants to go on this combo. Already having an arm like "Popeye", she doesn't want to lose her hair and nails also.

There would also be an option to take Herceptin-Navelbine. The adverse effects on this would be milder and not cause hairloss.
I would very much appriciate you experience and advise if you have taken this combo or anything else that is worth knowing, as you input helped us so much last time.

Everyday I'm visiting HER2support, reading you postings, sometimes replying.
But always thinking about you all and hoping that you'll find answers and doing better.

Frank